Some things I realized while watching the Simpsons Marathon:
1. The classic show starts with “Krusty gets Busted” : that’s the first one with the couch gag, Sideshow Bob, Itchy and Scratchy and really when everyone feels like the family we know and love.
2. Great Unspoken Joke: The waiting line songs. From the mental institutions’ Crazy to the missing kids’ Cats in the Cradle, this was under appreciated but hilarious.
3. The Simpsons used to have heart. Even when it wasn’t as funny an episode, the simpsons could touch you. Think of Mother Simpson which was hilarious and made you cry a bit. It was all great. This is also the biggest thing missing from the new episodes.
4. The show ends around 2000. By the lollapoolza episode, things are going down hill and by the next season it is unwatchable.
5. The show goes from great to alright to garbage in the span of like 3 episodes.
6. The Treehouse of Horror episode is a good indication of the rest of the season.
7. Once the episodes get bad, the characters become very hateful and mean to each other.
8. Milhouse and Grandpa Simpson are the most under rated characters.
9. Marge vs. the Monorail, Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in the Curse of the Flying Hellfish, Mr. Plow, Flaming Moe’s, and Itchy and Scratch Land are the best episodes.
10. Best Simpsons Episodes > Best Family Guy BUT Worst Simpsons < Worst Family Guy